Africa has lived in the culture of Cartagena since native people from this continent were brought as slaves to build an incredible wall to protect the city against attacks of pirates. Music was an important means of communication to express feelings and sometimes news. The legacy this continent left us is still alive in many traditions of our country. Our dances are rooted in African sounds that have transcended generations. Our folklore will be an eternal legacy we want to share with the world.
To experience the ancestral art of drums we will go to the fishing village of "La Boquilla". Here, we will meet our native friends who will help us to learn and enjoy this dance. We will take our classes, learning the basic strokes of the "tambor alegre", and playing the Colombian cumbia.
- Hotel pick up- drop off
- Bottled water
- Local bilingual assistance ( English- Spanish)
- 1 hour of drum and cumbia class
- Hand sanitizer
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- This is a private experience for at least 5 people
- Hotel pick up and drop off is in the old city, Getsemani and Bocagrande areas
- Drinks and food not specified are not included
- Bring comfortable cloth
- We recommend you to wear a hat or cap
- Sunscreen is important
- For assistance in a different language, contact us
It depends on the availability