Discover Cartagena by locals has the pleasure of introducing you to the Bazurto Market. First at all let's lay our cards on the table. Our public market is not a fancy place but if you are those kind of travelers who loves adventure, experience a real culture and discover real people. ¡This experience was designed for you!
We will start by taking a public bus to Bazurto Market. On our famous buses you will bump into the culture of Caribbean people. After 10 minutes, we will be arriving at " Mercado de Bazurto", where you will discover what it is like to live like a local. You will fall in love with a carnival of colors and freshness in the variety of fruits, vegetables, meats and fishes. Our local and amazing guide will explain to you Bazurto Market 's routine. The hustle and bustle of the daily life of vendors and locals as they flee in the heat of the Caribbean, to the boisterous sounds of the "champeta" music ( the rhythm Shakira danced to in the Super Bowl 2020).We will learn about the meaning of its name and the impact of its sound on the different social classes. The fascinating routine of the market envelops and bewitches with its magic.
We will also taste soda and the local beer since the heat of this place will make you feel to keep refresh. . We will visit Cecilia’s restaurant, the famous cook who made Anthony Bourdain fall in love with her recipes and Runner, the most famous poster designer. By this experience you will discover the fascination of the passages of the whole market.
Join us and !Discover Cartagena by locals!.
- Bottled water
- Local bilingual assistance ( English- Spanish)
- Local fruits tasting
- Local beer & soda
- Homemade lunch
- 3 hours living like a local
- Hand sanitizer
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Hotel pick up is not included in a shared experience
- Drop off is at the meeting point
- Public market is 10 minutes outside the old city
- We accommodate to any dietary restriction. Please, let us know.
- Children 3 and younger are free
- The public market is hot, dirty and has a fishy smell
- Bring comfortable shoes (Preferably closed)
- We recommend you to wear a hat or cap
- Sunscreen is important
- For private experiences contact us
- For assistance in a different language, contact us
- ¡Be on time!
Exito Sandiego Supermarket